YACHT DESIGN CAD ENGINEER
At Kraken Yachts we are always looking for the brightest talent to join our growing team at our head office in Hong Kong. We are looking for a Design Engineer to produce technical CAD drawings and specifications for our growing customer base.
As a Kraken Yachts Design Engineer the key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Generation of technical drawings and design concepts as per Kraken Yachts design principles.
2. Communication of design concepts to shipyard and equipment suppliers.
3. Creation of ‘as built’ drawings of current yachts design features to provide to yacht building department.
4. Technical drawings to aid construction and installation of systems and equipment aboard Kraken yachts.
5. Project management and planning duties to ensure construction of new builds meets standards and specifications.
6. Assist yard project managers with the improved construction efficiencies and advice on the implementation of new systems and improved processes
7. Drafting of installation plans for new builds and systems. Design and drafting of layouts and deck plans.
8. Maintain a library of technical literature and information related to the new boats and equipment in the market place.
9. English and Mandarin communication skills both written and verbally are an advantage to the successful applicant.
10. The position will require strong computer skills including drafting and design for the communication of ideas and systems for clients and yard.
11. The implementation of classification society rules or other standards when necessary. This will be in conjunction with approved surveyors or inspectorates as required.
12. Familiar with Rhino 3D
The list above is a brief description of a wide and varied role within a company with exciting range of opportunities secured at an early stage of the company development. Kraken Yachts are searching for talented and capable individuals. An understanding or experience of sailing would be of benefit but is not essential. Excellent opportunities for career advancement are available.
If you think you'd be suitable for this vacancy please contact email@example.com